05 November 2020
Stockperson Required on upland Organic farm in North Wales
Organic 110 cows with followers. Native Breeds.
Organic 700 breeding ewes with followers
The right candidate needs to be experienced and work alone and as part of a team.
Clean driving license, some tractor work.
2 Bedroom Cottage in excellent condition, part furnished, free council tax, free water and firewood.
Own Sheepdog would be an advantage.
Employers Nest Pension Scheme in place.
Wage £24,000 gross per annum.
Your main responsibilities will be:
1. To ensure the wellbeing of the livestock (including feeding, health, breeding, general stockperson duties, and day to day running of flock and herd).
2. Communicate daily with employer and/or Head stockperson.
3. Tractor work including regular topping to control invasive weeds.
4. Repairing fences and replacing gates when needed.
5. Winter feeding of livestock.
6. Daily maintenance of machinery, greasing, checking oil levels, and keeping in good order.
7. Trapping corvids (crows, magpies etc)
8. Protecting pasture from overgrazing or under grazing and avoiding damage to pasture by vehicles or livestock (i.e. avoiding poaching).
9. Ensuring compliance with organic certification and any other Agri-environmental schemes and keeping the farm presentable according to regulations.
10. Such other duties which are commensurate with your position that might reasonably require by the Employer from time to time.
11. Maintaining estate roads and tracks by topping and sweeping when necessary.
12. Removing and dispose of all empty waste plastic including buckets, sacks, bale wrap etc
13. Making sure buildings are secure and alarms are all set.
14. Acting as keyholder for alarm system.
15. Communicating as and when necessary with the employer and the employer’s staff, contactors, neighbouring farmers, and any other relevant person.
16. Keeping gates closed at all times.
Please forward CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org